Warning: Personal post ahead. If you’re here to read some code trickery, move along and wait for the next post, kthxbai
Blogs are excellent places for new year’s resolutions. Posts stay there for years, to remind you what you’ve been thinking long ago. A list on a piece of paper or a file in your computer will be forgotten and lost, but a resolution on your blog will come back to haunt you. Sometimes you want that extra push. I’m not too fond of new year’s resolutions and this may as well be my first, but this year there are certain goals I want to achieve, unlike previous years were things were more fluid.
So, in 2012 I want to…
- Land my dreamjob in a US company/organization I respect
- Get the hell out of Greece and move to the Bay Area
- Strive to improve my english even more, until I sound and write like a native speaker
- Find a publisher I respect that’s willing to print in full color and write my first book.
- Stop getting into stupid fights on twitter. They are destructive to both my well-being and my creativity.
- Get my degree in Computer Science. This has been my longest side project, 4 years and counting.
I wonder how many of those I will have achieved this time next year, how many I will have failed and how many I won’t care about any more…