Just a quick note to let you know that I’m speaking in this year’s Front-Trends conference, which will take place in Warsaw, Poland on October 21-22. Front-Trends is a new conference (starting this year) but the organizers have managed to put together an impressive line-up (Crockford, PPK, Paul Bakaus, Dmitry Baranovskiy, Tantek Çelik, Robert Nyman and more).
My talk will introduce many aspects of CSS3, some of them in good depth (eg. selectors). Here is the official abstract:
With browsers constantly adding support for CSS3, especially now that even IE jumped in the game, it’s quickly becoming a necessary tool of the trade. CSS3 offers exciting possibilities and changes the way that we design and develop websites.
In this 2-hour practical session, full of real world use cases, you will learn:
- Everything you ever wanted to know about CSS3 selectors
- Transparency and new color formats, including RGBA
- New ways to work with backgrounds, including CSS gradients, multiple background images and natively supported CSS sprites
- Rounded corners and border images
- Box and text shadows
- Transforms, transitions and their potential downsides
- New values, including calc(), attr() and new units
- Browser support information and techniques to take advantage of the exciting new stuff with respect to browsers of the past, to create experiences that are enjoyable for everyone
Tickets are very cheap (Just €198) but they’re selling quite fast, so if you want to come, hurry up!